Prolacta Bioscience, Inc.:
- Is a privately held life science company dedicated to improving quality of life by Advancing the Science of Human Milk.®
- Creates specialty formulations made exclusively from human milk for the nutritional needs of critically ill, premature infants in neonatal intensive care units (NICUs).
- Is setting the new standard of safety and quality in human milk processing and milk collection, with a pharmaceutical grade manufacturing facility that is the first and only of its kind.
- Developed the first large scale human milk processing facility in the world. Using state-of-the-art formulation, pasteurization and filling processes.
- Is the only organization that includes a safety combination of DNA matching of mom to milk, testing for drugs and bovine contamination, as well as HIV-1, HCV, and HBV through PCR testing.
- Is the only organization to provide a human milk fortifier that is made from 100% human milk protein as opposed to cow milk for extremely low birth weight preemies.
- Is committed to supporting research in the study of human milk and premature infant nutrition in order to make a difference in the lives of the most fragile babies.
- Is committed to supporting breast feeding and breast feeding initiatives in order to promote 100% breast milk nutrition for premature babies.
- Is dedicated to recognizing the contribution of breast feeding mothers by making sure the mother never pays any out-of-pocket expenses.
- Supports Hospitals and National Charities.
Prolacta Bioscience’s mission is to make a meaningful difference in the lives of thousands of the most vulnerable infants through world class research and innovative products.